Starrsed ST Analyser
Does your laboratory perform erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) tests and are you looking to automate this process? If so, the Starrsed ST is the obvious solution.
Starrsed is the world’s only product line that allows laboratories to perform ESR tests that are fully in agreement with the Westergren Method (the Gold Standard). The Starrsed ST is entirely automated and standardized, which makes it easy to use for every employee in your laboratory. The Starrsed ST achieves the highest degree of reliability in testing, leaving you and your operators available for other tasks in the laboratory.
- Produces sample results up to every 30 seconds
- Process is fully automated after manually applying the sample tube for aspiration
- Small footprint
- Built-in barcode reader for easy sample identification
GOLD STANDARD TESTING WITH THE WESTERGREN SEDIMENTATION METHOD
One of the oldest and most frequently requested blood tests is ESR. It has not changed fundamentally in the way it is carried out since Westergren described it in 1921. In 2011, the International Council for Standardization in Hematology (ICSH) and the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) defined the Reference Method for ESR to be the Westergren Method; the Gold Standard.
The objective of ESR testing is to measure the inflammatory state. The Westergren Method measures both infections related to infectious diseases and chronic inflammatory conditions. In addition to being very reliable, the Westergren Sedimentation Method is also amongst the cheapest laboratory tests available.
- The Westergren glass tubes are re-usable after each automatic cleaning with Starrsed Cleaning agent – no additional costs for new pipettes or disposable plastics are needed. As opposed to other ESR test instruments, Starrsed instruments actually identify and report hazy samples so that the lab technician may decide on further testing.
- The Starrsed ST makes use of EDTA sample tubes; EDTA blood is more stable compared to pre-citrated samples. This allows for accurate ESR test results up to 24 hours after collection – which means even more logistical flexibility for your lab.
- Because the Starrsed ST dilutes the blood, which is in agreement with the Westergren Method, it compensates for different hematocrit levels of samples – which will not influence the accuracy of the ESR measured.